i'm in serious need of a motivational boost!

I have a workout plan. I know how many days a week I want to do cardio and how often I want to do this strength training workout I photocopied out of a fitness magazine. It's actually designed to target the areas that women complain about post-baby.

I also wrote out a list of attainable daily goals - drink lots of water, don't eat after supper, etc. There's nothing on there about depriving myself or eating ridiculous amounts of veggies. It's all very doable.

The problem?

I just can't do it! I exercised more in my 9th month of pregnancy than I do now. I ate better. I cannot seem to find any motivation to get up and move around. Except for that one time I tried to run and ended up tumbling down the sidewalk. I eat EVERYTHING that comes within an eight foot radius of me. The whole "no eating after supper" thing? Um, yeah. Not going so well. The other night I decided to postpone my dinner, and instead watch the kids eat theirs and then have something with Steven after he got home from work and the kids went to bed. I bet you're thinking I had a salad right? Wrong! Not only did I polish off everything the kids didn't eat, but I made a patty melt and fries for me and Steven. At 9 o'clock pm. Do you know what a patty melt is? First you fry up some large hamburger patties. They have to be large because they need to cover an entire slice of rye bread. Then you generously butter two slices of rye bread, cut some thick slices of cheese and fry the entire mess up like a grilled cheese and hamburger sandwich. But don't worry, I washed it all down with numerous glasses of rootbeer. Even as I eat this stuff I'm thinking "gee, this is not helping me get less fat." But you know what? I eat it anyway! Dipped in a big sloppy spoonful of mayo. Oh how I love mayo. Even now as I berate myself in this post I'm thinking of how delicious that was and am reminded that I have yet another pack of thawed ground beef in the fridge.

What is the deal? Why have I no self-control? My little plan is actually very good, including workout routines and planned weigh-ins. Yet the melty, oozy, cheesy, fried deliciousness beckons the very core of my existence!

As far as the exercise - in theory I want to, but these kids are sucking my will to move around. It is depleted! Do you know my kids? Anybody ever met Jordan? If your answer was yes, then you know how much up and down I do all day. The whole "chasing kids keeps you skinny" thing? A total myth. Maybe if I wasn't eating patty melts.

Somebody please help me!
If you know of a good, cheap, black market lyposucker, let me know.

Comments

Heather said…
Hey, I feel your pain. I can't get motivated lately either. Don't fret too much over it, though. You always look so great! It will come. Hang in there.
Tiffany said…
Thanks! I'm trying to get Steven's sisters to do a Biggest Loser type competition with me. That may help! Weighing in with others kind of scares me though.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense