walmart photolab who?

That's right. From now on I'll make the trip to Winnipeg to get the kids' pictures done at Superstore.

Remember my last post about WalMart's photo lab? I made it through that experience, only to go back a few days later to get my kids pictures done together. After all, when you have that third baby you like to get a picture done with the three of them in it right? I thought so.

That deal was $4.99. Pretty good eh? Only until they sit at the computer and do up a collage that you could purchase for an extra $10. Originally it was a $30 value. I bought it.

Today I went to pick up Mitchell's pictures. The associate showed me the pictures I ordered. He then went on to show me a "sampler package" that they included. He pulls out a couple of extra 8x10s and a 10x13. Of course they chose pictures that I hadn't ordered in those sizes, and made them sepia and did some nice things with them. They were lovely. For only $20 more I could take those home too. Do you know how hard it is to say no when they're sitting there in front of you for you to leaf through? Especially when it's one of your kids.

You know what else makes me mad about it? The fact that they make them up when you haven't ordered them. If they can afford to print them without actually selling them then they could afford to add them to the package that I already ordered. But no, they'd rather just shred them.

I think it's mean. It's just one more way to push and push and push people to get "just one more thing." I'm super unimpressed. I said no to those pictures. Sure it's only $20 more, but then it's always just one more add-on. I'm used to being able to go and get a picture package for less and add enhancements, choose a number of different poses, etc. Not only that, but at Superstore they give you a pamphlet with all of their deals and packages listed so that you can choose what you want ahead of time without having them bully you afterwards. I miss Superstore. I can honestly say I won't be going back to WalMart's photolab any time soon. If you think this is silly, and haven't read the last post about WalMart, I suggest doing so now. I'm actually tempted to write a bit of a nasty email about how unimpressed I am about their high pressure sales tactics and lack of consumer choice.

Comments

Ange said…
Have I ever told you how much I dislike Walmart?
Sonya said…
I had the same experience and ALWAYS drive the extra hour both ways to be able to go to Superstore. Wal-mart stinks!
Tiffany said…
I generally do a lot of my shopping at WalMart. Diapers, cereal, etc. is quite a bit cheaper. But the photolab experience has really sucked. Great pictures, horrible sales tactics. I'm totally going to start going back to Winnipeg. Besides, the savings you get on a cart full of groceries (not to mention the pictures) totally pays the gas! And who can complain about a chance to run into the city every once in a while?

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon