100 things about me, part 2

26. I wear size ten shoes. I'm sure you really wanted to know that. Sometimes my friends come over and I see their cute little tiny shoes in the doorway and I'm a little embarrassed by my giant ones sitting next to them. Then I remember just how short my friends are - like playing limbo without having to lean over. You know who you are.
27. I threaten to sell my kids to the gypsies sometimes. They ask who the gypsies are. I tell them that the gypsies are the people they're going to live with.
28. My favorite Disney movie as a kid was Sleeping Beauty. Now I watch it and wonder where the character development is. Don't even get me started on falling in love with a guy who stalks a woman through the bush and then steps in and dances with her before she realizes what's going on.
29. I'd love to swim laps, but I'm too cheap to pay $8 each time, especially since I wouldn't last that long for the first while. $8 for half hour of lap swimming?
30. As a teenager my favorite shows were Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: The Next Generation, The X-Files, The Outer Limits, and General Hospital.
31. Now I watch: House, The Biggest Loser, Modern Family, Grey's Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, Desperate Housewives, The Walking Dead and Big Bang Theory. It does seem like a lot. Thankfully, there aren't new episodes of everything every week.
32. I always wanted four kids, and yes I know what causes it.
33. There are a million things I would change about my house if the budget allowed! Someday.
34. If I win the lottery I'm going to pick a beautiful piece of land in the country someday and build a new house.
35. I have a prosthetic eye. I'm less embarrassed by having it than I am of why I have it.
36. My mom used to yell "I'll give you something to cry about!" I thought it was silly. As if that would have the desired effect. Now I totally understand.
37. I was always envious of my brother's toys as a kid. Boy stuff just seemed cooler.
38. I don't really enjoy quadding or snowmobiling. Too fast. Too scary. I don't mind quadding if I'm driving and I'm on a road. That off-road, sideways up the hill stuff creeps me out.
39. I used to own a horse. I enjoyed that. Again, going up steep hills wasn't as fun as one might think.
40. My first job was at my Grandma's restaurant in Austin, MB. Even after all these years it was probably my favorite.
41. I love camping. The work involved and the disorganization of my stuff once we get camping kind of irritates me. The camping itself kind of makes up for it.
42. Eight more? Tonight? Really?
43. I'm totally counting that last one.
44. I don't even feel guilty about it.
45. I don't actually have favorite singers. In fact, I don't even know who most of the popular people are these days. When I hear a song on the radio I remember that I like the song. I don't know who sang it, whether it's old or new, what it's called, and once it's over I promptly forget about it until I hear it again.
46. I'm currently trying to out-wait my boys into eating their dinners. They have horrible eating habits lately, the most annoying of which is that they just push their food around at dinner time until I let them go. Not today. We're going on an hour and a half of sitting right now. Jordan's in her pjs and having a story. It's actually bedtime. They can sit here all night looking mad for all I care.
47. If someone offered me a cream cheese cinnamon bun for one of them right now I'd probably make the deal.
48. Dogs yes, cats definitely not.
49. I want to learn to make homemade perogies.
50. One of my fantasies is to check into a hotel room for a couple of nights all by myself with nothing but my pjs and some books. Emphasis on all by myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon