ten things i should have blogged about in the last three months

The list is long, let's see if I can remember any of it.

1. Mitchell had minor dental surgery. He now has silver caps on two of his six year molars. Watching him come out of the anesthetic was about the cutest, sweetest, most heartbreaking thing I've ever seen.

 

2. We spent a week at Rushing River. I may have to come back to this in the future. It was an awesome week, complete with an accidental 8km hike, an almost-bear sighting (be to fair, it was the neighbor's sighting, but still, we were neighbors), monstrous spiders in the outhouse, a complete lack of fish in Ontario's water system, and and and. Can't wait to go again.

 

3. Jordan and Tennyson were on a traveling soccer team. We had tournaments in Winnipeg in June and August.

 

4. First day of school. I didn't post the obligatory first-day-of-school pictures of my kids on facebook like all the good parents did, but they know I love them nonetheless. Elliot is in grade 1 this year! With that, no more pre-schoolers or half-dayers in this house. It's more than a little awesome.



5. Curtains. There are curtains in my living room (only took 9 years) and my dining room, and my bedroom, and the boys room. It's amazing. Our bedroom is also painted a sexy red colour, and we have an actual bed frame under our bed for the first time ever.



6. I dropped my iPad. Outside, on the cement. I know. It's kind of a big deal.

7. We. Got. A. New. Oven. More than a year after ours crapped out and has been hobbling along ever since, we finally broke down and bought a new oven. It's been a week. We have already baked multiple desserts, a lasagna, casserole, baked potatoes, and pizza. We didn't know how much we missed the oven until we got a new one. Okay, we did know. And we love the new oven. Love love love.

 

8. Jordan is entertain an all-new phase of pre-teen angst. She's cray cray and she may end up sent to her room until she's 19 or 20. She is also hilarious and smart and prettier every day. I flip back and forth between wanting to shake her, and wanting to gobble her up.

 

9. Tennyson is now in his last year in his school. He's also the biggest 9 year old you've ever seen. It's amazing to behold. He's the one in the red shirt, in the middle of this lineup of kids.



10. Steven and I celebrated our 38th and 36th birthdays, respectively. Note the massive age difference.

 

I know I'm missing a ton of stuff, but it'll come. Maybe.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense